Vacancy for a Northern Sales Manager
18 May 2023
Reporting to: Director of Commercial Operations
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the UK sales team of the No.1 ground equipment manufacturer, Redexim.
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated sales person with a passion for sport, who is well used to growing and developing strong partnerships to deliver exceptional results across North Yorkshire, Cumbria, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Experience of successfully selling groundcare equipment or associated products and systems is highly desirable.
You will need to be:
- A charismatic and highly motivated sales person, with turfcare equipment or associated experience
- Entrepreneurial but tactically strong
- A team player, who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- An excellent communicator, able to influence and persuade at all levels
Reporting to the Commercial Operations Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a commercial strategy for your region that continues to deliver robust revenue, profitability and growth.
Your key task will be to work with Redexim’s Regional Partners in the development of product sales throughout the Northern Region, taking ownership and responsibility for all aspects of what Redexim do and delivering first class levels of knowledge, expertise and support to clients and end users ranging from golf courses through to clubs in the Premier League.
To manage clients and opportunities within the Northern sales region and grow Redexim’ s revenues by maintaining their existing customer database and taking proactive measures to generate new business throughout the sales region.
- Build relationships with dealers to position Redexim as the first choice for ground care equipment (SWOT/Dealer Plans).
- Maximise equipment range opportunities within each dealer (including multiple outlets).
- Train dealer staff and establish Redexim “Champions” in each outlet, including organising practical dealer events for training/new product demonstrations/new staff introduction.
- Support dealers and general clients with attendance on product demonstrations, open days, regional events and by effective use of the Redexim demo stock.
- Build relationships with the non-capital side of the dealers and increase our SoW by the supply of spares and accessories.
- Know your dealers business and help to identify new opportunities and areas where you can add value.
- Network throughout the dealer and build relations with all departments and be the person who “gets things done”.
- Build an optimised call cycle to ensure that all clients (dealers & others) are regularly interacted with and establish how often contacts need to be visited and how to engage between visits.
- Build relationships and business opportunities with non-Redexim purchasers.
- Base activity around achieving the targets for the region.
- Manage your regions forecast by utilising the CRM and manging the dealer input.
- Review your forecast monthly taking any measures required moving forward.
- Carry out a regular review of open/missed/lost enquires with dealers and also a business review every 6 months – actual to target.
- Identify new product opportunities with volume potential.
- By using historical data and up to date knowledge of your accounts, contribute to budget planning with accurate forecasts for revenues and machines by type.
- Manage the Redexim demo stock allocated to your region – location, condition, maintenance, replacement.
- Attend exhibitions as required within the UK or Europe.
- Support colleagues at regional events throughout the UK as required.
- Participate in networking opportunities and industry events (Bigga, SAPCA etc).
- Participate in regular training and also promote safe working practises in all activity.
- Always fiercely protect our company image and reputation and uphold our business values.
- Ensure that any risk to Redexim is communicated and evaluated.
- Comply with all requirements of the Company’s current employment contact and standing instructions.
This role will require the regular demonstration of Redexim equipment, as such the ability and experience with truck & trailer, tractors and implement set-up is an advantage.
If you want to take the next step in your career with a dynamic, profitable, technical innovator and are looking for a hugely enjoyable & challenging role, then you need look no further. To apply, in the strictest of confidence, please submit your full CV quoting your current remuneration details to: firstname.lastname@example.org